Sometimes one comes upon a website which is so awful that you
wonder just what use it might be to anyone.
I came upon such a website the other day.
Here are some of the highlights which are to be found upon it.
– A home page which is full of organisational abbreviations,
but which fails to explain just what they mean.
– A section of External Reports which reads
‘ Sorry, no link items are available to view at this time.’
– The Links to related organisations
Shows exactly the same message.
– The Latest Newsletter which is dated
Autumn 2007 – 10 Sep 2007
– While the section of regional news has not been properly
updated on a regular basis.
Don’t laugh too hard,
but I’m referring to the website of the
Society of Chief Librarians.
I could make a few comments upon just what this website might
teach us, but you might like to note them for yourself.