Some books contain such horrific images that I would be very
reluctant to show them to anyone who has no need to view them.
Such books include: –
Krieg Dem Kriege
( War against war ).
Lord Russel of Liverpool.
The Knights of Bushido: A Short History of Japanese War Crimes.
Both of these works contain very important information about the
horrors of war, but there they also have some very disturbing
The same also applies to those works which describe the effects of
Atomic Bombs dropped at Hiroshima & Nagasaki.
What applies to books about war also applies to those works
which show the medical effects of radioactive leaks from Nukiller
War is Not a Game.
Many media images of soldiers just show men in combat or
on military parades.
This also extends to the model soldiers which are on sale in toy
shops. Most of these models either glorify war, or show soldiers
engaged in acts of violence.
This is why many pacifists are concerned with the sale of war toys.
Veterans for Peace.
– To resist war through non-violent action.
– Support persecuted war-resisters.
– Counter militarism in society through education.
– Increase public awareness of the costs of war.
– End the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate
– Abolish war as an instrument of national policy
As ex soldiers they have experienced the truth about war.
They deserve to be heard.